Wouldn’t a patient feel reassured to see something like this hanging prominently on the wall in a healthcare facility?!
We take the security of your personal health information very seriously. We understand that along with providing high quality patient care, safeguarding our patient’s data is our top priority. To that effect we have adopted the following policies along with many others that will ensure the security of your data.
- All our patient data that is in electronic format is encrypted. This scrambles the information in such a way that only authorized personnel with the right decryption key can unscramble the data.
- We never ask for or send any patient information via unencrypted email. If you receive any request for your any personal information via unencrypted email please call us immediately.
- We will never send text messages without encryption. Please do not send email us, or text us any personal information without encrypting it.
- Please use our secure web portal to communicate with our staff.
- All our computers that contain any patient data are password protected to prevent unauthorized access.
- All the electronic protected health information is securely backed up every 15 minutes to a remote secure location.
- We have a well written disaster recovery plan that will recover and restore all patient data within 2 hours.
- All the mobile devices used by our staff for work purposes have data encryption, device tracking, remote lock and wipe out capabilities enabled. This protects your data incase the laptop, smartphone or tablet gets stolen or lost.
- All our staff is regularly trained and tested on the security policies in place. They are fully aware of their responsibilities and face termination if they violate any of our security policies.
- We conduct regular security audits to ensure the continued security of our patient data and maintain compliance with the HIPAA security requirements.