- Cloud based Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solutions not only backup your data automatically, but also reduce business downtime in case of an emergency (ie if your local server goes down) by providing access to critical business applications and data in the cloud. Imagine the peace of mind you could get with that.
- Cloud based email, productivity and communication solutions such as Office 365, Google Apps, Microsoft Lync, Skype, and Google Hangouts allow you to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and clients from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Online File sharing services like GoogleDrive, Microsoft Onedrive, Box, etc., let you access your documents from any device including your PC, laptop, tablet and smartphone whenever you need them via the internet. You are no longer tied to your desk.
- Automated reminder systems (email, text, phone) have shown to reduce the percentage of patient no-shows by 20 -25%. They can be set up to automatically send email reminders requesting appointment confirmation through a secure internet preventing substantial revenue loss. (losses from a patient no-shows or cancellations can easily run over $100,000 per year)
- Secure messaging solutions provide a quick, convenient method for clinicians to communicate confidential patient information safely.
- Cloud based services can locate, remotely lock or erase confidential data on your mobile device if it is lost or stolen.
Important!! Safeguarding confidential patient information and maintaining compliance with HIPAA and state regulations is critical. Make sure that the cloud service provider is HIPAA compliant and is willing to sign a business associate agreement with you if the vendor is going to handle ePHI in any way.