What would you do today if this earthquake was more powerful and:
- Your place of business was destroyed or ;
- You couldn’t use your facility for a few days because the power lines are down and the roads are inaccessible or;
- Your computer/server holding all your critical business data crashed due to a power surge and you have not backed up your confidential data regularly.
- How long it would take for you to recover from an unforeseen disaster?
- What would this downtime cost your business in dollars?
- How would you contact your customers, employees and partners?
- How much business would you lose?
Events like the earthquake serve as a reminder and a warning that our lives /businesses can be thrown for a loop in a second. It just takes a few seconds for an earthquake or a tornado to level a building and businesses that have taken a lifetime to build can be lost in a blink of an eye. So if you are a business owner and haven’t implemented contingency plans, just remember that even though this quake was a mild tremor...then next one may be a lot worse.